UCP eLearning 60 hours Level 2 • Hostage negotiation for Private Security Contractors
Hostage negotiation for Private Security Contractors
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed to meet the hostage negotiation standards for security contractors (PSC)
This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analysing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behaviour of those you face in competitive situations.
Introduction to Hostage Negotiation:
In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world.
Minimum Required Kit List
- Laptop with Microsoft word and power point,
- USB memory stick with 10 GB max
- Pencil and pen, eraser
Skill Prerequisites None
- Introduction to Crisis/Hostage Negotiation
- The Colour Code of Awareness & You
- Kidnapping Targets, Process, Motives & Resolutions
- Developing a Safety Plan and Putting it into Action
- How to act when you are approached by a stranger
- When you Should Fear Someone, You Know
- Kidnapping Effects & Coping Mechanisms
- Managing a Kidnapping Event
- The Biggest Mistakes You Can Make
- Basics of Negotiating:
- Communication Skills:
- Psychology in Negotiations:
- Terrorism and extremist groups:
- Suicide Intervention:
- Role Play:
- Recognize circumstances conducive to successful crisis negotiation.
- Recognize and apply strategies that contribute to successful crisis negotiation.
- Recognize a non-negotiable situation.